Monday, December 10, 2012

Blank Notebook - Allysha's Full Moon Celebration

During my last bazaar held at Publika, I made some simple blank notebooks, using brown craft paper and I mod-podged fabrics to the covers. Surprisingly the books sold out. I guess it's something different and relatively quite cheap but pretty, suitable for Christmas gift or as door gift for any event.


The books, and that's how I decorate it. With piping string & added Sewfabby's tag.

I received quite a few orders after that, and the latest one is making these notebooks for Maylee. She's giving the notebooks for her latest bundle of joy, Allysha's full moon celebration. 

According to Chinese custom, when a baby turns one month old, a ceremony is held to celebrate her first month of life (the Chinese term translates as "full moon"). This coincides with the end of the new mum's confinement period, and both mother and baby are formally introduced to the extended family and friends for the first time.



Maylee requested for the same presentation I did for the bazaar, the string & tag. But I ran out of the tiny string, so I used two types of them. The tiny one and a pink yarn (suitable for a girl) and fabrics we all chose by Maylee herself from my fabric album & some small cuts I have in stocks.

And here's how Maylee decorate the books, adding her own touch.


Cute right? :) Thanks again Maylee for ordering, and for your feedbacks :) 

If you wish to order the same notebooks, we do take custom orders with good & attractive price. Just email us at hello[@]sewfabby.com

I'm making a few more for this Saturday bazaar. Come and join us at our very own Etsy Team Handmade bazaar at Hello Deer by Wondermilk Uptown Damansara this Saturday, December 15th.


and don't forget to participate and win something from our lucky draw contest

 

3 comments:

Nia said...

u boleh try promote untuk door gift org kawen, comel!

May Lee said...

Thanks to you too! Oh btw, I did give out traditional full moon packs to relatives too...with red eggs, ang ku kuih, etc. These notebooks were more for friends & colleagues...modern & timeless...so that I have a longer time to distribute them too, instead of foodstuff or cupcakes... ;)

ajjah said...

@Nia : yup that's what I plan to do. but for now I start dengan small party dulu :)

@May Lee o yes, i read about the traditional gifts too :)